We’ve got lots in the works for our annual schedule refresh! Below is the first wave of the schedule updates, with more to come as we continue with our onboarding processes and accommodate the needs of our volunteer-produced programming.
NEW MUSIC SHOWS
- Spirit of ’79 Radio with DJ Andy Maximum, Saturdays 3-4 AM: Power-Pop, Punk and Mod Revival from the late 70s and early 80s, spinning primarily 7″ singles
- Flying Saucer Safari! with DJ Barbarella, Tuesdays 2-3 PM: Hear local Portland music, plus interviews with artists about upcoming music, albums, shows, + music they love.
- Turtles Have Short Legs with DJ Gilliflower, Tuesdays 3-4 PM: An intoxicating mix of psychedelic & experimental sounds new & old: Krautrock/kosmische, acid folk/weirdlore, hauntological delights, popsike pipedreams, analog electronics, surreal sound collage/drone, avant-rock oddities, & unusual international sounds.
- The “IN” Crowd with Wayward Girls Soul Collective, Saturdays 2-3 PM: Get in with The “IN” Crowd and be transported back in time. You will hear songs from the 50’s to the 70’s. As record collectors we enjoy playing rare gems all on vinyl.
- Self Help Radio with DJ Gary Dickerson, Saturdays 5-7 AM, Self Help Radio explores a different theme with music & talk every week.
NEW TALK SHOWS + CONTENT
Brand New Programs:
- Street Roots Radio, Wed 8:45-9 AM: A collaborative radio project highlighting the work of the Orange Fence Project and the Renters’ Rights Project
- Policy for the People, from Oregon Center for Public Policy, Wed 8-8:30 AM: A show that explores the public policies that can lift up all Oregonians.
- Sprouts: Radio from the Grassroots, Tue 8:30-9 AM: A weekly collaborative program that showcases local stories produced by community radio stations and grassroots media groups around the world.
- The Stephanie Miller Show: M, T, W, F 7-8 AM, Thu 7-7:30 AM: Stephanie Miller offers irreverent daily drive-time discussion of current events, politics, and pop culture.
- WINGS (Women’s International News Gathering Service) Tue 8-8:30 AM: “Raising Women’s Voices through Radio Worldwide.”
- Find the Others with Anthony Alvarado, Mon 8-9 AM: A new name and iteration for Monday Mornings! Anthony Alvarado, author of DIY Magic, talks with counter-culture creators, outside-the-box thinkers, and creative spirits about the mind, psyche, art, and the future.
- News with My Fiance with Ambush & Morgan, Thu 7:30-9 AM: A new dedicated show feed for the show you know and love! Ambush & Morgan talk news, politics, Portland happenings, and everything in between — all while keeping it real and keeping us laughing.
- National Native News, M-F 10 AM Thom Hartmann Program Break: NNN provides listeners with relevant, timely coverage on Native American and Indigenous communities.
- Yale Climate Connections, M-F, 11 AM Thom Hartmann Program Break: A nonpartisan, multimedia service providing daily broadcast radio programming and original web-based reporting, commentary, and analysis on the issue of climate change, one of the greatest challenges and stories confronting modern society.
(Done either to make the schedule flow better from show to show or to accommodate a specific need for the show’s DJ)
- Sessions from the Box with DJ James Dineen has moved from Saturdays at 2-4 PM to Saturdays 10 AM-12 PM.
- Mr. Ghost Goes to Town with DJ Crambone has moved from Saturdays 10-11 AM to Sundays 12-1 PM.
- Radio Bandolero with DJ Ryan Stively has moved from Saturdays 11 AM to 12 PM to Sundays 1-2 PM.
- Music Medieval with DJ Renee has moved from 6 AM to 7 AM on Sundays.
- The Sound of Pictures with DJ Scili has moved from 7 AM to 8 AM on Sundays.
- Jazz in the New Millennium with DJ Rick Mitchell has moved from 7 AM Saturdays to 9 AM Sundays.